Connecticut Sun: Content Marketing
» see the work
While the Connecticut Sun had built a steady, loyal and passionate fan base, it also realized that its fans were among the oldest and least diverse groups in the WNBA. Our challenge? Engage a greater number of younger and prospective fans and appeal to a more diverse group.
Research showed the best prospects for the Connecticut Sun had never been to a game or had only been once or twice. So our goal was to encourage first-time and return engagements which could lead to greater attendance. With an integrated mix of digital and video content as well as traditional tactics, we promoted the passion, energy, drive, skills and personalities of the players, on and off the court, to create a stronger emotional connection between the players and the fans.
As a result of our integrated, season-long campaign:
- Online digital media resulted in 9.1 million impressions.
- Digital tactics drove more visits to Connecticut Sun online properties.
- Outperformed the entertainment CTR benchmark with a 0.22% CTR and reduced the CPC by 15 percent.
- Digital outdoor extended game coverage and team messaging to the outer markets across the state.
- Extensive use of pre-roll leveraged videos and generated a 1.39 percent CTR.
LOADING . . .